API information includes two important values: Client ID and Client Secret. Follow these steps to generate them:
Step 1: Go to https://build.envato.com/ and Sign In
Step 2: Click on button ‘Register a new app’
Step 3: Fill all required forms:
- App Name (like Support Portal)
- Required Permissions, choose the following :
- View and search Envato sites
- View the user’s Envato Account username
- View the user’s email address
- View the user’s account profile details
- Confirmation URL : is the link to your website or the folder that you installed the script in :
- Check I have read, understood and agree to the Terms and Conditions
Press ‘Register App’
Step 4: Then you will see a popup which shown:
You’ve registered your app. Here’s your secret application key! Make sure you copy this down, because if you lose it you’ll need to re-create the application.
You should copy a long string and keep it safe, because it is origin and can not see it again.
Now, remember to tick ‘I confirm that I have copied this key and stored it safely. I also understand that Envato is not going to store this key on my behalf for security reasons.’ and click ‘Got it’ button.
Step 5: Navigate back to ‘My apps’, now you can see registered app at “Apps you’ve registered”. Under ‘App name’, you can find ‘Client ID’ value.